Sunday, April 18, 2010

How? How? How?

I was doing my usual stretching and warm down exercises at my void deck after my run when I heard a very loud wail.

I thought it sounded like a cat. But there was no other void deck cat except for Fluffy who is not very vocal and she was sleeping about 10m from me. Maybe it was a little kid wailing. We know how little kids sometimes sound like cats yowling.

And then it appeared. A skinny scruffy looking little cat. Trotting towards me. I thought it looked like Chang Chang. What was it doing downstairs? I thought I had made sure all of them were home when I closed the door an hour before.

I looked again. It was indeed a CC look-alike but a much smaller version.

It ran towards me and curled around my legs, circling me. Mini-CC from top of the head to tip of the tail but it has white socks and a bit of white chest hair.

She was yowling non-stop. She is young, approximately 7 to 8 months old. Her coat is fairly clean. She likes humans. Either she has run off from home or she is abandoned. And then I saw her teats. They were swollen. But she is not pregnant. So the only other logical explanation is that she had just given birth. No tipped ear. Worst fears come through. It is highly likely she is abandoned.

I stroked her. She liked it but kept yowling non stop. She started pacing and led me to another part of the void deck. Good. I was hoping she would lead me to her kittens. But no. There were no kittens around.

I rushed up and scoped up some food. She ate all hastily and stopped her yowling after that. She must be famished. After that, she took me onto a wild goose chase from void deck to the 2nd and 3rd floor. I thought she was going home. But no, she was just another curious kitten.

I kept her company before I finally left her at the void deck when she finally settled down. I know the uncle who comes around later will feed her again.

I was in a dilemma. I had so wanted to bring her home, give her a good bath and settle her in. She can be CC's little sister!

But I needed to seek the Wife's consent and she will not be home till tomorrow morning. She had said no to another cat many times already. I know her reasons and I agree with her too on those points. But little CC tugged at my heartstrings. She is so friendly. Not the prettiest cat in the world but I don't really care because I have looked past that many many years already (though not for the female human species yet. Haha...).

How now?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Auntie p said...

First and foremost, must seek licence from the Mrs first - 老婆最大... Ahem!

Don't act on impulse, no matter how much protective instincts are bugging at you. If cannot take in, then take kitty for sterilisation and be her caregiver. Good luck!

10:25 PM, April 20, 2010  
Blogger KXBC said...

I cannot find the kitty already. Think she might have escaped from her home on Sunday and the owner must have found her.

Mrs is very interested as well when I told her she looks exactly like CC.

11:41 AM, April 22, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home