Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hello, my name is ...



妹妹, or you can call me May May.

I am a brown tabby with a shiny lustrous coat. I wear a white tuxedo and white socks on all four legs and have a long full tail. I have big button brown eyes and a matching brown nose.


Mummy saw me on Fri night after her late dinner and somehow, she spent quite a lot of time playing with me. I think she sort of fell in love with me more than Daddy because the next morning, she came looking for me with another packet of food. Hmm... I wonder if that is because I reminded her of Chang Chang.


Luckily I was still sleeping behind the flower pots and upon seeing that pack of food, I rushed out and devoured everything. Before I knew it, I was scooped up and rushed into the lift. And then a metal door opened and closed. A wooden door opened and out peeped a black/white head welcoming Daddy and Mummy home. It will only be later that I realised that the head is that of Xin Xin, Daddy and Mummy's favorite little girl.


I spent the night in the big cage, looking at 5 cats peering and then snarling at me every time they passed by. And in the morning, I was whisked into a small little box before emerging in a big white room with this Caucasian man peering at me, checking my bottom, pressing my tummy before I let all I have accumulated the day before all out. Hahaha... But he got his revenge when he stuck 2 needles into me. Ouch... but I am a brave little girl. I did not cry. Instead I was once again my frisky little self, exploring the stainless steel table before I was bundled back into the small little box.

I spent the rest of the day at home playing and eating, playing and eating. Mummy still would not let me meet the other 5 cats. Maybe tomorrow or the day after next? She said something about some deworming tablet. Sounds yucky!

kxbc:
MM has adjusted rather well into the household though she has yet to officially meet the rest of the gang given that she has not yet been dewormed.


The health check at the vet today was good. Estimated to be around 1 year old, she is in good health. She has been tested negative for FeLV and FIV and had her first vaccination today. No visible ticks, mites or fleas were found and I suspect she does not have any since I have not been scratching even though I have carried her more than a couple of times these 2 days. Anyway, we had bathed her with flea shampoo when we first brought her home.


From the state of her teats, she has probably given birth before or she may be pregnant now. The vet has not been able to confirm it but whatever the case, we have scheduled her neutering 2 weeks from now.


Although she is around 1 year old, her behaviour and sense of curiosity is more like a kitten. She is a frisky little thing with boundless energy and matching vocals. A little bitey during play but we should be able to train her to break the habit.
She loves chasing after a string and a toy mouse. She likes nothing more than to snuggle up against your ankles and lay her head on your foot as she purrs like a little motor bike. She can be an angel I think in the future like what Xin Xin had become with the right training. She meows at the very sight of Wife and I as if we are her long lost parents.

Although she has access to a clean litter box all day, she did not use it at all which worried us a little until we realised that she is toilet trained but not litter box trained. We will have to start litter box training tomorrow then.

Given her too human trusting nature, the Wife and I had discussed this even before we cat-napped her and it was decided that May May will be adopted out to a serious/experienced cat lover either in a single/multiple cat household. If left at the neighbourhood common areas where she was found, her human trusting nature will make her too vulnerable a target to cat haters.

If there is any reader who is interested in adopting MM, please leave me a comment and an e-mail address so that I am able to contact you. We will screen you as we want to be sure that you are serious in providing her a loving and good home for the rest of her life which may be for another 15 years.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger san said...

You are a very lucky little girl MM. I hope you find a good furever home.

9:51 AM, April 26, 2010  
Blogger HRH Coco said...

You commented on my blog that you've adopted her?

Thought we could call you Mr kxbcm liao. ;)

10:11 PM, April 30, 2010  
Blogger KXBC said...

It is kxbcym. You forgot Yuan Yuan. She is now in her corner sobbing uncontrollably. The poor little thing. I think you need to play with her to console her fragile heart. :)

But, I am still looking to adopt MM out, but only to a serious cat lover.

11:55 PM, May 01, 2010  
Blogger HRH Coco said...

Is that an invitation to visit your cats? ;)

I did tried to play with YY the last time, but she wouldn't come out of her carrier/cage leh. I shd be the one sobbing. :(

9:50 AM, May 02, 2010  
Blogger KXBC said...

No problem. Just give me a heads up.

1:19 PM, May 03, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think not, coz I scared you'll try to sell me your flat again.

Wahahahaha! ;P

Auntie p

9:49 PM, May 03, 2010  
Blogger KXBC said...

Now price go up already cos got MRT within 5 min walk. :)

1:43 PM, May 04, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home