Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Tooth Fairy

Xin Xin:

The tooth fairy came on Fri and took away one of my teeth.


I know it looks a little yucky. The Very Energetic Tyrant said the root had decayed and would spread if I don't get it pulled out. Daddy did not want me to go through surgery too but I have no choice.

It is so painful and I can't eat my dry food now. Daddy has to handfeed me wet food every meal (yipee!!!!) but it smells a little funny. I think he put some white powder in it.

Daddy:
The vet said to brush the cats' teeth everyday. He made it look so easy in his office. "See, you grab the jaw and the mouth will automatically open. Then you stuff this piece of cotton wool into its mouth and wipe. Done."

Yeah right! They were all trembling in his office and let him do whatever he wanted to them. I cannot imagine catching the 5 of them every night and trying to pry their mouth open before wiping thier teeth with the cotton wool. I think it will take me at least an hour, a few scratches and lots of sweat. I mean I want to brush their teeth too but I know it's almost insanely impossible.

Any idea how I can make it less painful for them and for me?

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger cat_aunty said...

Whah, such big tooth!!

I used to try to brush Spencer's teeth. I think it is easier when they were kittens. A long handled toothbrush helps.

6:04 PM, April 30, 2006  
Blogger CatDonna & Cats said...

Oh good Lord.

That looks scary.

I'm wondering how to brush my cats' teeth too. It's already hell trying to feed them Benebac. Or any other medication for that matter.

12:03 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger kuro.shiro.neko said...

cant offer any advice, to me, it's just impossible. out of the 6, i can trim 50% of the population's claws with ease. 2 will shred me with ease for trying. the other, i have to do it while she's sleeping.

9:26 AM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger KXBC said...

Trimming their claws is no problem for us, except for Chang Chang who dislikes anyone to hold on to his hind legs.

No one likes ear digging but it's still manageable. Same for spraying Frontline.

But cleaning their teeth is really one major challenge. Can't even open their mouth long enough to stick in the cotton wool. I wonder if we will have bo gay cats in a decade or so. Or maybe just send them for teeth cleaning every other year.

4:46 PM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger Mini-Meow said...

Ooh.. I'm glad that tooth came out!

I usually use cotton buds dabbed in a bit poultry flavoured toothpaste. Baby toothrush are great for the front teeth, but I find that it still doesn't quite fit in their small mouths to brush the rear ones.

Maybe it'll help to have someone grab the scruff of their neck so that they don't struggle too much?

11:25 AM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger animalfamily said...

gosh, i cant imagine doing that.

6:03 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger animalfamily said...

cleaning their teeth, i mean.

6:04 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Zeus said...

That kind of story just makes me want to run under the bed and never come out. The human pet is talking about taking me to the dentist, and if that is what the dentist does, then I want no part of it!

7:23 PM, May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

10:34 PM, August 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

5:37 PM, August 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

4:33 AM, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home