Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Daily sub cuts

The Wife is traveling today. She will be back this Fri.

I was traveling the past 2 weeks for 3 days each time. I will need to fly again next week. And probably for the next few weeks.

My job requires me to fly at least once a month for a minimum of 5 day at a stretch. It was not an issue for us before Xin Xin's sickness but now it is posing a very big challenge, logistically and emotionally.

In the first 3 weeks when Xin Xin was back home, her condition is mostly good but sometimes bad. And the bad portion always seem to occur when I am not around. She will either be having breathing difficulties, diarrhoea or some other issues. The Wife will then get a little panicky and all I could do was ask her to get her to the vet asap.

The last 2 weeks were also the time when we start giving her sub-cuts at home. It was not such a problem when both of us were around as the Wife would hold her while I do the injection. However, when I was not around, she needed another pair of hands to help. There was nofirm pair of hands available and so she had to rush back from work and send Xin Xin to the vet for the sub-cut before the practice closes at 8pm.

We thought her mother could perhaps help to hold Xin Xin while the Wife did the injection but her mother freaked out at the sight of the needle. So no go again and she had to rush to the vet again.

Then we started training her sister to do the holding last week in anticipation that she will be traveling this week. I am pleased to announce that it was a smooth operation tonight. Her sister managed to hold Xin Xin down and pacify her while I injected her with 200ml of Ringer's solution. I hope it will be smooth sailing tomorrow as well.

And next week, the Wife will have to do the injection while I am overseas. Hopefully, she will not flinch since it has been some time since she last did a sub-cut.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger auntie p said...

Stressed, ah!

2:36 PM, July 16, 2008  
Blogger KXBC said...

Stressful indeed. I lost 2kg within one month just by doing the daily lunch commute between office, home and office.

1:40 PM, July 17, 2008  
Blogger Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

It's alot of hard work but in the end their well worth it!

:)

3:57 AM, July 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home