Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Furry Chang Chang

In the end, I did not apply anything on Chang Chang to keep off the mites. Miraculously, he has stopped his constant licking and his fur has started to grow back since 2 weeks back. And the wax in his ears are starting to slowly clear up too.

I am not sure what we did right but these are the 3 things we changed in the household in the past month or so:
  1. We gave him a bath with flea and tick shampoo every 3 weeks since the beginning of Nov.
  2. We changed our regular washing detergent (Attack from Kao) to Breeze powder.
  3. He started rejecting his regular Wellness wet food and so we had no choice but to feed him Science Diet wet food. The ingredient list of Science Diet does not look as good as the Wellness list but he seems to be doing okay on it. And when we feed him Wellness occasionally, he seems to itch a little more. Or is it just our imagination?
Well, if the 3 things above seem to work for him, I think we will stick with it until it falls apart again.

I am currently contemplating giving the gang a raw diet (beef, chicken, pork, innards mix) in the evenings but I don't think it will succeed. I tried feeding them steamed chicken and pork before and everyone rejected it except for Chang Chang who gobbled up everything. Two cat owners I know had started their cats on a raw diet and it is doing well for all 4 cats.

Well, if I don't try, I will never know.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kenneth Copeland said...

I hope your Chang Chang is okay now. I'm pretty sure he's in good hands.

6:45 PM, January 20, 2011  
Blogger =^..^= said...

I've never been quite decided on the raw meats as a meal for pets. At the moment, I feel safe settling for a moderation between the raw meats and the formulated + fortified processed food. That means serving up a simple dish of boiled chicken breast.

The dangers with raw meats is that parasitic contamination, as well as diseases, could have gone undetected. The parasite cases I've experienced at uni has put me well off raw meats. *bleah*

~5-Cat Style

7:38 PM, January 29, 2011  
Blogger =^..^= said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai, KXBC!!! :D

~5-Cat Style

4:27 PM, February 07, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home